Lessons in management by lizards – 2.
Lessons in management by lizards – 2.
16FridayMay 2014
Posted in Management.
Tags
Hi Friends!
Welcome once again to my amazing stories , all stories have a lot of wisdom wrapped within apart from the entertainment quotient.
Okay , back to my story – it was summer vacation time and I had stayed back in my college hostel much against the advice of my room-mates who tried scaring me by telling that the room was haunted.
The whole hostel was empty except the night-watchman and I enjoyed the peace of the night by reading the life story of Lord Buddha. There was no sound except for a dog barking in a strange way and a few frogs croaking nearby. The atmosphere had all the ingredients for a proper horror movie. Suddenly the power went away and with nothing much to do in the darkness, I decided to go off to sleep.
As I drifted off to dreamland, I was woken up by a sound of someone pouring water in the bucket which I had kept under my bed.This half filled bucket of water was always kept under my bed , so that I could wash my hands and face without going all the way down to the common wash rooms which were located far away in the corners of the hostel. It was impossible for anyone to get under the bed and pour water and I was now convinced that , it was the Ghost doing this to scare me.
Since the sound did not cease , I somehow gathered the courage to go out of the room and wake up the night – watchman.
We both decided to investigate and went into the room again with a torch . The sound of someone pouring water in the bucket was distinct and we were both shivering with fear as the whole atmosphere was very scary.The watchman gathered courage and pulled out the bucket of water from under the bed and we discovered two lizards trying to get out of the bucket and managed to rescue them.
The watchman laughingly told me that the lizards had been upto some mischief under the bed and losing their balance had fallen into the bucket and their attempts to come out was creating the sound of water being poured.
Finally the mystery was solved and I slept peacefully.
The lesson that I learnt was that perceptions and rumors need to be investigated properly before jumping to conclusions for the truth may be something entirely different from what we perceive.
Good night my friends, and thanks once again for reading the stories and I look forward to seeing your valuable views and comments.

Comments
Post a Comment