Lessons in management by the elephant – 4.
Lessons in management by the elephant – 4.
17SaturdayMay 2014
Posted in Management.
Hi Friends!
Thanks a lot for reading my stories.
Welcome once again to story-time and I am sure you will love this story.
It was a beautiful morning and there was a slight drizzle , but I was feeling very elated because finally I knew that the maximum speed that I could push my Yamaha Rx 100 motorcycle to – was to a speed of 140 km/hr. The perfect riding spot had been discovered and my Manager had given his approval to use the racing track but with caution to personal safety and security.
Now you would be wondering about where you could find such an awesome track , well it was in the Tea Plantation where there was a beautiful stretch of land which was used as a landing strip for the corporate aircraft to transport the officials and also doubled up as a 9 hole Golf Course and now I had added to its utility as a racing track for my motorcycle.
Having finished with racing the motorcycle , I was going around the plantations hills, streams and forests and it was indeed feeling awesome to be riding through the dirt track and the challenging terrain.
Somewhere I had left the track and had entered a dense forest and saw a very beautiful baby elephant. I stopped my motorcycle and went near the elephant and was puzzled to see steam rising from the body of the baby elephant. It had been raining and I wondered why the baby elephant was boiling from within and I soon discovered the reason for it’s anger. The leg of the elephant was tied to the big tree and basically the baby elephant was trying to free itself and therefore literally boiling with anger and I could see it literally letting off the steam.
Hearing the sound of my motorcycle in the quiet forest , the elephant trainer came running towards me and started explaining how the baby elephant was being trained to get conditioned and he pointed out the mother elephant nearby who was tied to another small stake.
I asked the trainer how such a big elephant could be tied to such a small stake, he told me that it was not the stake but the rope in the leg to which the mother elephant had become accostomed and never really tried to break free as it was by now conditioned to think that breaking free was impossible .
My next question was very interesting as in simple words I asked the trainer what was the maximum strength of the elephant- the trainer shocked me by saying that the elephant could easily tear my house apart within seconds and the elephant was used for uprooting old tea bushes in the plantation.It could uproot even those tea bushes which even the advanced excavators or two tractors failed to uproot.
Well my friends , I rode back to work with a renewed zest to break free of all mental conditioning imposed by any religion, school or any other system determined to push my mental and physical limits to the maximum.
We all have the power and immense potential within but are only limited by our limitions of the mind and like the baby elephant give up our efforts and grow up gradually to be huge elephants with immense powers but are unable to utilize them because of our own mental conditioning.
Thanks a lot my friends and I would appreciate your comments and views if you like the story and feel free to share your experiences to inspire others.










Comments
Post a Comment